Saturday, August 21, 2010

This is it boys, this is war!

I know, I know... I've been slacking with the updates on here, call it a lack of inspiration I suppose. But, hey I'm updating it now!

Today's topic of interest is (if you hadn't guessed from the title already)

Nena - 99 Red Balloons or 99 Luft Balllons. Luft means "air" in German not red.

Nena's guitarist actually is the one that coined up the idea for this song. He was at a Rolling Stone concert in West Germany during the 1980s when a bunch of Balloons were released at the show. The balloons floated high into the air resembling an appearance of an unidentified flying aircraft. Of course, nothing happened but it made him think what would have happened if they could have been misconstrued as a hostile force floating over the Berlin Wall into the Soviet sector during the tense time of the Cold War.

Alright enough of the history lesson check out the original artist's version then Goldfinger's pretty sweet cover. Haha, and I know the beginning almost looks like Thriller but it's not.

Original Artist: Nena - 99 Red Balloons


Cover Artist: Goldfinger - 99 Red Ballloons

No comments:

Post a Comment